Migraleve Pink Tablets
- Contains Paracetamol, Codeine and Buclizine
- Effective treatment for Migraines
- Fast acting pain relief
This medicine should only be used for up to three days
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Migraleve Pink?
Migraleve Pink is a migraine treatment that targets pain from the onset of an attack. Each pack contains 24 tablets. Migraleve Pink can be bought without needing a prescription.
This medicine should only be used to treat short-term migraine attacks and not be taken for longer than three days.
Migraleve Pink contains three active ingredients: paracetamol, codeine and buclizine, which each work in their own way to effectively relieve the pain that is caused by migraines.
What are Migraleve Pink tablets used to treat?
Migraleve Pink tablets are used to treat the symptoms of a migraine attack when the likes of paracetamol and ibuprofen have not worked.
A migraine is usually a moderate to severe headache that feels like a throbbing pain on one side of the head.
The exact cause of a migraine is unknown, but it is believed to be caused by the blood vessels temporarily widening in the brain, as well as chemical and nerve changes.
Certain triggers can cause a migraine attack, such as stress, the beginning of a period for women, tiredness and certain foods and drinks.
How does Migraleve Pink work?
Each tablet contains three active ingredients: codeine, paracetamol and buclizine, which is an antihistamine.
The paracetamol and codeine in Migraleve Pink work to block the chemical messages in the brain that tell the body it is in pain. Buclizine works to relieve the symptoms that come with a migraine, including headaches, nausea and vomiting.
This medicine should only be used for up to three days.
How to take Migraleve Pink tablets
Children aged 12-15 years: Take 1 tablet at the first sign of a migraine attack. Do not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours.
Adults and children over the age of 16: Take 2 tablets at the first sign of a migraine attack. Do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours.
If required, you can take a dose of ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol or a combined paracetamol-codeine or ibuprofen-codeine every four hours after your first dose of Migraleve Pink. Do not take more than three doses in 24 hours.
Swallow Migraleve Pink tablets whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew them.
Read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive instructions on how to take the medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
Who can take Migraleve Pink?
Migraleve Pink is not a suitable treatment for everyone to take.
This medicine must not be taken by children under the age of 12.
Do not give this medicine to children with breathing problems, or to children and adolescents after the removal of their tonsils or adenoids for obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome.
Do not take this medicine if any of the following apply to you:
- Your migraines have not been diagnosed by a doctor
- You are allergic to paracetamol, codeine, buclizine or any of the other ingredients contained in this medicine
- You have taken any other painkillers in the last four hours
- You are aware that your body metabolises codeine into morphine rapidly
- You have recently developed shallow breathing
- You have a bowel obstruction or your bowel does not work properly
- You have raised pressure in your skull or a head injury
Talk to your doctor before you start taking this medication if any of the following apply to you:
- You have prostate disease
- You find it difficult to urinate or are unable to urinate
- You suffer from liver or kidney disease
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are currently taking any other medicines (please see the Warnings tab for full details)
- You suffer from fits
- You have asthma, a lung disease or any other breathing problems
- You have closed angle glaucoma
- You are an alcoholic or have alcoholic liver disease
This list is not exhaustive. Read the patient information leaflet for full details on warnings.
Can you buy Migraleve Pink over the counter?
Migraleve Pink can be bought from pharmacies without needing a prescription.
Can you buy Migraleve Pink online in the UK?
You can buy Migraleve Pink tablets online without a prescription from Medicine Direct. All you need to do is fill out a confidential online consultation, which will be reviewed by a registered doctor or pharmacist.
After this, you can then place your order with our pharmacy. As long as you order by 2pm, we can have your medicine with you the next day.
Medicine Direct is fully regulated by the General Pharmaceutical Council and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, which means we can guarantee all our medication is genuine and approved for sale in the UK. For your own safety, never order medicine online from anywhere other than registered UK pharmacies.
Migraleve Pink alternatives
If Migraleve Pink is not a suitable migraine relief medicine for you, do not worry. There are plenty of alternative medications to order from Medicine Direct; all you need to do is complete our online consultation form.
Another non-prescription alternative to Migraleve Pink is Anadin Extra. Containing paracetamol, aspirin and caffeine, Anadin Extra tablets provide rapid relief from migraines and can be taken by people over the age of 16.
Triptan medicines like Sumatriptan and Almotriptan require a prescription to order from our pharmacy. However, by completing an online consultation, you can still purchase them from Medicine Direct once a prescriber has reviewed your answers to make sure the medicine is safe for you to take. Triptans work to narrow the blood vessels in the brain, which widen during a migraine attack. This relieves the pain quickly and effectively.
View our Migraine page to see the full list of medicines we have available to treat this condition.
Migraleve Pink Tablets Dosage and Directions
Our pharmacists and prescribers follow NICE guidelines when prescribing Migraleve Pink Tablets.
How to use
Always take Migraleve Pink tablets exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Read the patient information leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are still not sure.
These tablets are for oral use only. Swallow them whole with a drink of water, do not crush or chew the tablets.
Do not take Migraleve Pink less than four hours after taking other painkillers.
Do not give this medicine to children under the age of 12.
For children aged 12 to 15 years old, swallow 1 pink tablet at the first sign of a migraine attack. Do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours.
For adults and children over the age of 16, take two tablets at the first sign of a migraine attack. Do not take more than two tablets in 24 hours.
Do not take Migraleve Pink tablets for longer than three days without speaking to your doctor. Codeine can cause addiction.
If you take too much
Seek medical attention if you have taken too many tablets. Migraleve contains paracetamol, which can cause delayed, serious liver damage if you take too much.
How to store this product
Store this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use after the expiry date, which can be found on the packaging and do not store in conditions above 25C.
Migraleve Pink Tablets Side Effects
The following side effects may occur at an unknown frequency:
- Pancreas inflammation in people who have had their gallbladder removed
- Dependence and addiction (see Warnings tab for more information)
- Adrenal glands not working as they should
- Decreased sex hormones
- Spinning sensation
- Breathing difficulty from thickened mucus
- Difficulty passing urine
- Movement or coordination problems
- Abdominal pain
- Kidney problems
- Loss of appetite
Codeine toxicity is another reaction. Symptoms include shallow breathing, feeling confused or extremely sleepy.
Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, you might suffer a serious allergic reaction to Migraleve Pink. You must call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you have any of the below:
- You are wheezing
- You develop a skin rash that may have red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have swelling in your face, mouth, tongue, lips or throat
You may require immediate treatment in hospital.
Read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive details on side effects. If you are worried about side effects, ask your doctor.
Migraleve Pink Warnings and Drug Interactions
Can I take this product if I am taking other medication?
Before taking Migraleve Pink, inform your doctor if you are taking any other prescription or non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
In particular, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the below:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- Anticonvulsants (for epilepsy)
- Antimuscarinic drugs
- You are taking (or have taken in the last two weeks) any Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) for depression
- Muscle relaxantns
- General anaesthetics
- Any other painkillers that contain paracetamol or codeine
- Products similar to codeine
- Any drugs that affect the brain including antidepressants, drugs for mental conditions causing delusions or hallucinations, drugs to help you sleep or decrease anxiety
Can I drive after taking these tablets?
Some people have experienced reactions like sleepiness, coordination problems and spinning sensations after taking these tablets. If you experience any side effects that impair your ability to see, move or think properly, you should not drive, cycle or operate machinery until these effects subside.
If these side effects persist, talk to your doctor.
Can I become addicted to these tablets?
Migraleve pink contains codeine, which is an opioid that can cause addiction. If you stop taking Migraleve Pink suddenly, you could suffer from withdrawal symptoms.
Because of the possible risk of addiction, you must not use this medicine for longer than three days.
Do not give this medicine to children under 12.
Read the patient information leaflet for full details on warnings. Speak to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
Migraleve Pink Ingredients
The main active ingredients within this medicine are: Paracetamol, Codeine phosphate and Buclizine hydrochloride
For a full list of the inactive ingredients, please read the Summary of Product Characteristics
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.