- Effective treatment for Premature Ejaculation in Men
- Helps me to last up to three times longer during sex
- Increases serotonin which promotes a delayed ejaculation
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Priligy?
Priligy is the trade name for dapoxetine, which is a medication used in the treatment of premature ejaculation in men.
Priligy is part of a group of medicines known as ‘selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors’ (SSRIs).
It works by inhibiting the serotonin transporter; this increases serotonin's action and promotes a delayed ejaculation.
You can buy Priligy online at Medicine Direct in packets of 3 tablets at a time. Your doctor will prescribe you the usual minimum starting dose of 30mg. After that, you can try 60mg if this level of treatment is not effective.
What is Priligy used to treat?
Priligy (dapoxetine) is used to treat premature ejaculation in men. It can help men to last up to three times longer during sexual activity compared to when they are not taking medication for premature ejaculation.
Who can take Priligy?
Priligy (dapoxetine) is an effective drug prescribed to treat premature ejaculation in men. It should only be used by men aged between 18 and 64 years old.
It is generally considered to be a safe drug, but Priligy may not be suitable for all men.
You should not take Priligy tablets if:
- You have a history of fainting
- You have heart problems, such as heart failure or problems with your heart rhythm
- You have any liver problems
- You have ever had severe depression or mania
Speak to your doctor before using Priligy if any of these apply to you:
- You have kidney problems
- You have high pressure in the eye, or are at risk of having it (glaucoma)
- You have another sexual problem, such as erectile dysfunction
- You have a history of dizziness from low blood pressure
- You have epilepsy
- You have a history of bleeding or clotting issues
- You have ever had any mental health problems
- You have not been diagnosed with premature ejaculation
- You use any kind of recreational drugs
You should not consume alcohol while taking Priligy as this may increase your risk of fainting or suffering side effects.
You should also avoid drinking any grapefruit juice or consuming grapefruit products for at least 24 hours before you take Priligy, as this can increase the level of medicine inside your body.
Possible Side Effects
Not all men will experience adverse effects while using this medicine, but you should stop taking Priligy and speak to your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- You feel faint or lightheaded when you stand up
- Your mood changes (feeling irritable, anxious, agitated or restless)
- You have fits (seizures)
- You have trouble sleeping or strange dreams
- You have wind, diarrhoea or constipation
- Your blood pressure rises
- You have stomach pain or bloating
- You are feeling or being sick
- You have difficulty concentrating
- Blurred vision
- Blocked nose
- You have pins and needles or numbness
- You have difficulty getting or keeping an erection
- You feel tired
- Lower sex drive
- Dry mouth
- Shaking or trembling
- Ringing of the ears
- You feel depressed or have suicidal thoughts
Please note, this list is not exhaustive. For the full list, always read the patient information leaflet that will come with your medicine.
For the more serious adverse reactions, please refer to the Side Effects tab on this page.
You should always take Priligy tablets exactly as your doctor instructs you. Always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before you start to take it.
The initial recommended dose is 30mg. Your doctor may increase this dose to 60mg tablets.
You should take the medicine between 1 and 3 hours before sexual intercourse.
Do not take more than one Priligy tablet in the same 24 hour period.
This medicine can be taken with or without food, but you should always take it with a full glass of water.
What if I take more than I am supposed to?
If you take more Priligy than you are advised to, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Taking too many Priligy tablets may result in your either feeling or being sick.
What if I stop taking it?
Consult your doctor before you stop taking Priligy; you may suffer from dizziness or have trouble sleeping if you stop taking the medicine, even if you haven't been taking it every day.
What is premature ejaculation?
How does Priligy work?
How long does it take to work?
How long does treatment last?
Are there any alternatives to Priligy tablets?
How do I avoid buying fakes and counterfeits
Can I buy Priligy online?
How should I take it?
Priligy Side Effects
For the more common side effects of taking Priligy, review the main page.
Serious Side Effects
In rare cases, you might experience more serious side effects while using this medicine.
Stop taking this medicine and seek medical attention if you experience any of these:
- Fainting or dizziness when you stand up
- Feeling confused or unable to think clearly
- Slow, increased or irregular heartbeat
- Teeth grinding
- Abnormal taste in your mouth
- Loss of sex drive or trouble reaching orgasm
- Itchiness or a cold sweat
- Feeling weak or fatigued
- A spinning sensation
- Vision problems or pain in your eyes
- Feeling over excited or paranoid
- Feeling depressed
Risk of fainting
This medicine can make you faint and lower your blood pressure when you stand up.
To prevent this from happening, you should take Priligy with at least one full glass of water. If you are dehydrated, you should not take the medicine until you have had plenty to drink.
You are advised not to use any machinery, drive or cycle if you are taking Priligy tablets and start to feel faint.
PriligyWarnings and drug interactions
Priligy (dapoxetine) may interact with other medicines you are currently using.
Before taking any new medication, you should always make sure your doctor is aware of any medicine you are already taking; this includes both prescription and non-prescription medicine, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
Inform your doctor before you use Priligy if you are already taking any of these:
- St John's Wort
- Medicines to treat migraines
- Medicines for depression called ‘monoamine oxidase inhibitors’ (MAOIs)
- Thioridazine used for schizophrenia
- Other medicines for depression
- HIV medicines
- Blood pressure or angina medicines
- Other medicines to treat erectile dysfunction
- Medicines for fungal infections
- Antibiotics for treating infection, such as erythromycin and clarithromycin
- Medicines for mental health problems
The active ingredient in this medicine is dapoxetine 30mg or 60mg.
Inactive ingredients include: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.