Circadin (Melatonin) 2mg Tablets
Buy Circadin Melatonin 2mg Tablets to treat Jetlag
- Helps the body adjust it's natural sleep pattern
- Contains the natural hormone, Melatonin
- Used to treat Jet Lag and changes in shift work schedules
Please note brand received may vary
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Circadin (melatonin)?
Circadin is the brand name for melatonin, which is a naturally occurring hormone in your body that helps to control your sleep pattern. Circadin (melatonin) is a medicine to ease the symptoms of jet lag in people who are travelling over several time zones.
To buy Circadin, you will need to be prescribed it by a doctor.
What is Circadin used to treat?
Circadin tablets are used to ease the symptoms associated with jet lag, which occurs when people travel across several different time zones in a short period of time.
Unlike other forms of medication designed to help you sleep, Circadin will not make you feel tired or groggy in the morning. This medication does not depress your central nervous system, unlike certain other hypnotic drugs and sleeping tablets.
Why is Circadin prescribed for jet lag?
Circadin has been clinically researched and found to be a highly effective treatment for jet lag.
Furthermore, research shows that Circadin is unlikely to cause withdrawal symptoms, meaning you are unlikely to suffer hangover-like symptoms from taking this medicine for jet lag.
How does Circadin work?
Circadin contains melatonin as its active ingredient. Melatonin is a natural hormone produced by the brain’s pineal gland and works to control your sleeping pattern. Your body produces this hormone when it gets dark and peaks in the early morning.
The circadian rhythm, also known as our body clock, relies on the change of melatonin within our body during the night to help regulate our sleeping patterns.
When you take Circadin, it increases the amount of melatonin in your body, which helps you to fall asleep when it is dark in your new destination, thus helping you to regulate your sleep pattern.
Who can take Circadin?
Circadin is not suitable for everyone.
Do not take this medication without speaking to your doctor first if:
- You are allergic to melatonin or any of the other ingredients contained in this medication
- You have had an allergic reaction to melatonin or any other medicines in the past
- You suffer from lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis or any other autoimmune condition
- You have any liver or kidney problems
This list may not be exhaustive. Read the patient information leaflet before you start taking Circadin for a full list of warnings.
Can you buy Circadin over the counter?
No, you must have been prescribed Circadin before you can purchase it. It is not available over the counter.
Can you buy Circadin online in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Circadin tablets online from Medicine Direct. We stock this medication to help people who will need to adjust their sleep patterns in a new time zone. However, as Circadin is a prescription-only medicine (POM), you must first complete an online consultation before you can order it from our pharmacy. This involves answering some questions so one of our doctors, pharmacists or prescribers can make sure that Circadin is suitable for you to take.
Order by 2pm and we can offer you next day delivery.
Aside from taking medicine like Circadin, you can also reduce the symptoms of jet lag by trying some practical techniques, such as:
- Eating at regular times in your new time zone and not sticking to the times you would eat at home
- Staying awake until it is nighttime and not napping beforehand
- Staying outdoors as much as you can to be exposed to natural light
If a doctor has prescribed melatonin for your child, follow their instructions very carefully.
For sleep problems and jet lag in adults, your doctor will prescribe 2mg slow-release tablets.
Follow your doctor's instructions carefully. They may instruct you to take Circadin two or three times a week, not each night.
Melatonin should not be taken for prolonged periods of time. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe it for you to use for up to 13 weeks.
How to take Circadin tablets
- Take one tablet after food between 1 – 2 hours before bed. Do this for 2 – 4 nights when you arrive in the new time zone.
- You can continue this dosage for up to 13 weeks.
- Swallow Circadin tablets whole with a drink of water. Do not crush them or cut them in half.
- Always take Circadin in accordance with your doctor’s instructions. Read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive instructions.
Circadin Side Effects
Melatonin medicines will not normally cause adverse effects in people, although the following reactions occur in more than 1 in 100 people:
- Abnormal dreams or night sweats
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling sleepy or tired during the day
- Feeling sick
- Feeling restless or irritable
- Dry or itchy skin
- Pains in your arms or legs
- Dry mouth
Serious side effects of this medication are rare, occurring in less than 1 in every 1,000 people who use it. Nonetheless, you must seek medical attention as soon as possible if you experience any of the following:
- You get psoriasis
- You feel faint or pass out
- You start to feel sad or low (this may be a sign of depression)
- You have any unexplained bruising or bleeding that does not stop, or you have blood in your urine
- You start to feel dizzy, confused or things seem to be spinning around you
- Your eyes become watery or you have blurred vision
Call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you have heart palpitations or chest pain.
Always read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
Warnings and drug interactions
Please make sure you inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently taking any other medicines. This includes prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
Do not mix Circadin with herbal remedies; mixing melatonin with herbal remedies can increase the sedating effects, making you feel even sleepier. Some medications can interact with Circadin. Always read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive details on warnings and precautions to take.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
You are not advised to use Circadin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as there is not enough research to prove that this medicine is safe for your baby.
Small amounts of melatonin will pass into the breast milk, which can make your baby feel sleepier than normal.
Before you start taking Circadin, you should inform your doctor if you are currently pregnant, think you might be pregnant, are trying to get pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
The main active ingredient within this medicine is: Melatonin
For a full list of the inactive ingredients, please read the Summary of Product Characteristics.
How much does it cost to buy Circadin online in the UK?
Dosage Quantity Buy online UK price Circadin Melatonin 2mg 10 Tablets £24.99 Circadin Melatonin 2mg 20 Tablets £34.99 Circadin Melatonin 2mg 30 Tablets £44.99 Circadin Melatonin 2mg 60 Tablets £54.99
How long do I need to take it?Depending on how long you are away, you can take Circadin for up to 13 weeks.
How long does Circadin take to work?Circadin gets to work after between 1 – 2 hours.
Is Circadin addictive?As long as you take Circadin as prescribed by your doctor, it is not likely that you will become addicted. If you feel you are starting to depend on Circadin, or if you have been taking it for a long time, speak to your doctor about coming off it.
Can I drink alcohol while I’m taking Circadin?No, you should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine. Doing so may make you sleep very deeply, which can affect your breathing and ability to wake up.
How often can I take Circadin?Circadin can be taken when required. You will need to take it for several weeks for it to work for jet lag. It is not known to cause addiction.
Can vegetarians take Circadin?Yes, this medicine is suitable for vegetarians as there are no animal products contained in it
Will Circadin affect my fertility?Circadin is not believed to affect fertility in men or women. However, if you are trying to get pregnant, speak to your doctor before you start to take it.
Does Circadin affect HRT or contraception?Tell your doctor if you are currently using a combined contraceptive pill or a form of HRT.
Can Circadin cause weight gain?Weight gain is an uncommon side effect of Circadin, affecting around 1 in 100 people who take it. If you notice that you are gaining weight while taking Circadin, speak to your doctor.
Can Circadin cause depression?Depression is sometimes reported in people who take Circadin. However, this is a rare side effect and only affects up to 1 in 1,000 people who take it. Tell your doctor if you are already taking any antidepressant medicines, or if you start to feel depressed during treatment.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.