Canesten Thrush Combi (Pessary & External Cream)
- Fast and effective treatment for thrush
- Helps to clear the signs and symptoms of thrush
- Includes an internal treatment that works directly at the location of infection
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Canesten Thrush Combi?
Canesten Thrush Combi is a combined treatment for both the internal and external issues caused by vaginal thrush.
Vaginal thrush is caused by a yeast called Candida, which can cause several symptoms and lead to a number of conditions that will require treatment.
It can be used by women between the ages of 16 and 60 years old.
Canesten Thrush Combi should have cleared your problem after one week.
What is Canesten Thrush Combi used to treat?
Canesten Thrush Combi is a comprehensive treatment for vaginal thrush.
It comes with a pessary applicator which is inserted into the vagina. This works to treat the internal cause of vaginal thrush.
Also included in this treatment is a tube of double strength soothing cream, which will provide relief from the external pain and itching of the infection.
Canesten Thrush Combi should not be used to treat infections of the nails or scalp.
How does Canesten Thrush Combi work?
Both the pessary and the external cream contain the active ingredient clotrimazole, which is an antifungal medicine.
Clotrimazole works by killing the fungus that causes vaginal thrush. By killing the fungus, it also works to relieve the itching and irritation that is caused by this infection.
How to use Canesten Thrush Combi
Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before and after you use this medication.
Each pack contains one pessary and one tube of cream.
Insert the pessary into the vagina just as you would a tampon. Insert the applicator as deep as is comfortable and slowly press the plunger until it stops; this will deposit the pessary into the vagina. Remove the applicator and dispose of it safely, but do not flush it down the toilet.
To relieve itching and soreness, apply a thin and even amount of cream to the affected area 2 or 3 times a day. Gently rub the cream into the area.
If you have not noticed an improvement after seven days of treatment, speak to your doctor.
Who can use Canesten Thrush Combi?
Canesten Thrush Combi should not be used to treat scalp or nail infections.
Do not use this product if any of the below apply to you:
- You are allergic to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- You are pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- This is the first time you have had thrush
- You or your sexual partner has a sexually transmitted infection
- You have had vaginal thrush more than twice in the past 6 months
Talk to your doctor before you start using this medication if:
- You are allergic to any other medicines
- You are already using any other type of medication
- You have any medical conditions
- You are breastfeeding
Can you buy Canesten Thrush Combi over the counter?
You do not need a prescription to buy Canesten Thrush Combi. It can be purchased from your local pharmacy.
Can you buy Canesten Thrush Combi online in the UK?
You can buy Canesten Thrush Combi online from Medicine Direct, but you must first fill out an online questionnaire to make sure it is suitable for you. This questionnaire is confidential and will be reviewed by a registered prescriber.
It is important to ensure that you are buying medicine online from a UK fully regulated pharmacy. To learn more about our company, team, medical professionals, and the licenses we hold, visit our about us page.
Canesten Thrush Combi alternatives
Medicine Direct stocks several alternative treatments for thrush.
Generic Clotrimazole cream can be purchased from Medicine Direct. This cream also works to relieve the discomfort that comes with the external symptoms of thrush and should be applied 2-3 times a day, just like Canesten Cream.
Alternatively, Fluconazole tablets is also available to order from our online pharmacy. This single-dose medication works to treat the internal infection by making holes in the fungus’s cell membrane, which kills the bacteria that causes thrush. You should notice the symptoms clearing within one week of taking this medicine.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.