Canestest - Self Test Kit for Vaginal Infections
- Tests for Bacterial Vaginosis and Thrush
- Gives instant results
- Self test easy to use kit
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Canestest?
Canestest self-test is easy to use and means that you can diagnose your problem quickly and discreetly. Using this product will ensure that you get the right treatment for the right condition, which is vital for maintaining vaginal health.
How does Canestest work?
Canestest identifies whether the normal pH levels in your vagina are unusually high. The user can then interpret this reading alongside the symptoms chart on the product's packet. By getting a reading of your vagina's pH level and keeping an eye on your symptoms, you will be able to work out what you are suffering from and what you need to do to resolve the problem, ensuring you are prescribed the right treatment.
What is the difference between Thrush and Bacterial Vaginosis?
Thrush and bacterial vaginosis are both common vaginal infections. While they require different forms of treatment and are very different conditions, they often exhibit similar symptoms. For this reason, it can be difficult for women to identify which condition they have, particularly if they have never suffered with either before.
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is a bacterial infection that can cause a fishy smell and watery discharge that is a grey colour. This symptom is particularly common after having sex. However, half of the women who suffer from BV do not exhibit any symptoms at all. It is not usually painful or itchy.
On the other hand, thrush is the result of an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina and does cause soreness and itching. It is also common to have white discharge that does not have any odour. Furthermore, you may experience pain and stinging during sex and while urinating.
How to use Canestest
Do not use Canestest during the 24 hours before or after your period.
For accurate results, leave at least 12 hours between sexual intercourse and vaginal douching.
- Unwrap the swab and do not let it come into contact with anything before it is inserted.
- Insert the yellow tip of the swab into your vagina. Rotate it and then remove it.
- Wait for 10 seconds, then see if the colour of the tip has changed.
If there is no colour change, you may be suffering from thrush.
If the swab tip turns blue or green, you may have bacterial vaginosis.
If the swab turns yellow-green, you may have trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection).
What do my results mean and what treatment is available?
- If there is no colour change after 10 seconds, you may have thrush. Check the symptoms table, which can be found on the pack.
- If the swab changes to a blue or green colour, you may be suffering from bacterial vaginosis. Check the symptoms table on the pack.
- If the swab changes to a yellow-green colour, you may be suffering from trichomoniasis. This condition normally includes symptoms like a bad smell, frothy discharge and pain while urinating. You should speak to your doctor if you think you may have trichomoniasis. If they suspect you have this condition, you may need to have a screening test.
Medicine Direct stocks a range of treatment for common vaginal infections like thrush and bacterial vaginosis.
If your results show that you are suffering from a vaginal infection, you can receive treatment swiftly and discreetly at Medicine Direct. Just complete an online consultation and one of our registered doctors will prescribe an appropriate medication for you to use.
Who can use Canestest?
This product is suitable for women who fear they may have common vaginal infections, such as thrush or bacterial vaginosis (BV).
Your results may not be accurate:
- If you are going through the menopause
- If you are pregnant
- If you take the test in the 24 hours before or after you period
- If you take the test less than 12 hours after vaginal douching or having sexual intercourse
Always read the information that comes with the test kit for full details.
Can you buy Canestest over the counter?
You do not need a prescription for Canestest, so it can be bought over the counter from your local chemist.
Can you buy Canestest online in the UK?
You can buy Canestest online from Medicine Direct. We offer speedy UK delivery, and if you place your order by 2pm we can have your product with you the very next day.
Medicine Direct also stocks various medicines for both BV and thrush. So, once you have had your problem diagnosed, fill out one of our simple online consultation forms to buy an appropriate treatment. Your answers will be assessed by a registered doctor or pharmacist, who will approve the sale of the medicine if it is suitable for you.
While you do not need a prescription to order Canestest online, you should only order online from a registered pharmacy, like Medicine Direct.
Treatments for thrush and bacterial vaginosis
Whichever problem you are suffering from, Medicine Direct stocks various medications to help clear both BV and thrush swiftly and effectively.
Fluconazole tablets can be taken as a single-dose medicine to effectively treat thrush in both men and women. This medicine kills the bacteria that causes thrush and normally relieves the problem within a few days.
Clotrimazole, a topical cream, provides effective treatment for thrush. This medicine also kills the yeast that causes the infection.
Canestest cream contains clotrimazole as the active ingredient. This topical treatment works in the same way as generic Clotrimazole cream and can clear the symptoms of thrush within a week.
A popular prescription treatment for bacterial vaginosis (BV) is Metronidazole, which is an antibiotic and antiprotozoal medication. This prescription-only medicine (POM) stops the bacteria and parasites from growing, allowing the body time to heal properly.
Balance Activ wipes can be purchased without a prescription. One pack contains seven wipes, one for each day of the week. This is a seven-day treatment and works by restoring the natural pH balance of the vagina.
All of the above medicines can be ordered from Medicine Direct after you have completed an online questionnaire.
It is important to ensure that you are buying medicine online from a UK fully regulated pharmacy. To learn more about our company, team, medical professionals, and the licenses we hold, visit our about us page.
Direction and How to use Canestest
Canestest is very easy to use and should cause you no more discomfort than using a tampon would.
Do not use this product within 24 hours of having your period.
To ensure accurate results, leave at least 12 hours between using this test and vaginal douching or sexual intercourse.
Store this product out of the sight and reach of children.
This product does not produce any side effects.
If you use it and the results are confusing in any way, please speak to a doctor or pharmacist before you start any form of treatment.
Canestest is a sterile product. If the swab is stained or damaged when you open the packet, do not use it.
Warnings and drug interactions
This kit should not interact with any medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins or supplements.
If you are diagnosed with BV, thrush or trichomoniasis, it is very important that you speak to a medical professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, before you select a course of treatment.
Please bear in mind that the accuracy of your results may be affected if any of the following apply to you:
- You are going through the menopause
- You are using Canestest within 24 hours of beginning or ending your period
- You are pregnant
- You are using Canestest less than 12 hours since vaginal douching or having sexual intercourse
Canestest self-test kit contains one swab, which is designed for swift and easy interpretation of your symptoms.
The kit has provided 90% accuracy across all cases and can show the results within 10 seconds of being used.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.