Cefixime (Suprax) With Azithromycin
- Successfully treats the STI Gonorrhoea
- Works by preventing the bacteria from spreading, restoring your sexual health
- A complete treatment for Gonorrhoea
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Cefixime?
Cefixime is an antibiotic medication which is used in the treatment of a range of bacterial infections. It is often sold under the brand name Suprax.
This treatment is available to order online at Medicine Direct, with next day delivery. Place your online order before 2pm and you can expect delivery the next working day.
What is Cefixime used to treat?
At Medicine Direct, we sell Cefixime (400mg) and Azithromycin (2000mg) which, when combined, are very effectively used to treat the sexually transmitted infection, gonorrhoea. It can also be used as a treatment for urinary tract infections, Lyme disease and strep throats.
This treatment prevents bacteria from multiplying and spreading by stopping the bacteria from developing protective walls, restoring sexual health.
Who can take Cefixime?
Make sure your doctor is aware if:
- You are allergic to Suprax (Cefixime), any of the ingredients contained in this medication, or any other medicine
- You have kidney problems
- You have ever had colitis
- You are currently pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or think you might be pregnant
- You are currently breastfeeding
Possible Side Effects
Speak to your doctor if any of the below side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Itchiness around the genital area
- Feeling or being sick
- Stomach pains, wind or indigestion
This list is not exhaustive. Refer to the Side Effects tab on this page for a list of rarer adverse reactions. Always read the information leaflet for a comprehensive list.
Always follow your doctor's instructions when taking Cefixime (Suprax) tablets, and always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before you start to take it.
Swallow Suprax (Cefixime) tablets whole with a drink of water.
If you feel that the effect of a Suprax (Cefixime) tablet is too strong or weak, you should speak to your doctor. Do not alter the dose yourself.
The recommended dose for adults and children over the age of 10 is 1-2 tablets a day, either taken as a divided or single dose. This means you should either take one Cefixime (Suprax) tablet twice a day, or two tablets at the same time. Your doctor will advise you as to which is the most suitable for your circumstances.
Your doctor may prescribe you a lower dose if you have kidney problems.
Do not stop taking this medicine until your course of treatment is complete; even if your symptoms go away, you may still have the infection.
What if I forget to take it?
If you forget to take a dose of Cefixime, just take it as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. If it is almost time to take your next dose, just skip the missed dose and continue to take Cefixime as normal.
Do not double dose to try and make up for a missed dose, and never take two doses at the same time.
To effectively treat gonorrhoea and other bacterial infections, it is vital that you are consistent with the treatment; for this reason, it is very important you keep up your dose. To ensure you don't forget, try to take Cefixime at the same time each day.
What if I take more than I am supposed to?
Contact your doctor immediately if you take too much medication.
How can I buy it online in the UK?
What are the signs of gonorrhoea?
How can I help stop gonorrhoea from spreading?
Will Cefixime affect contraception?
What can Cefixime cure?
Cefixime Side Effects
You should stop taking this medicine and seek medical attention immediately if you have any of the following side effects:
- Flu-like symptoms, including fever
- Blistering of the skin
- Aching muscles, fever, chills or generally feeling unwell
- You get infections easier than before
- Bruising or bleeding more easily
- You have fits (convulsions)
- Feel confused or less alert
- Stiffness in muscles or movement
- Severe, watery diarrhoea
In rare cases, you may suffer a severe allergic reaction and require urgent treatment in hospital. Call 999 or go to A&E immediately if:
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have a skin rash that is itchy, red, swollen, blistered or peeling
- You have swelling in the mouth, throat, lips, tongue or face
- You are wheezing
- You have tightness in the chest or throat.
Always read the patient information leaflet for the full list of side effects associated with Cefixime.
Cefixime Warnings and drug interactions
Tell your doctor if you are already taking any other medicine before you start to use Cefixime. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
In particular, let them know if you're taking any blood thinners, such as Warfarin.
Only order medicine online if it is from a pharmacy registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council. Cefixime is available to purchase at Medicine Direct; order before 2pm and we can offer you next day delivery on your order.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Cefixime is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, your doctor will assess the risk if this treatment is essential.
Each tablet contains cefixime as the active ingredient.
Inactive ingredients also contained are: microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, macrogol 6000 and titanium dioxide (E171).
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.