- Relieves a range of symptoms associated with the menopause
- Replenishes the body with Oestrogen lost due to the menopause
- Helps to prevent Oseoporosis
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Elleste Solo?
Elleste Solo is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), which contains the female hormone oestrogen.
It is a prescription-only medicine and is available to purchase online after you have spoken to a doctor.
You can buy Elleste Solo online from Medicine Direct's registered pharmacy, following a consultation with one of our certified doctors.
We sell packets of 84 tablets, in the recommended dose of 1mg.
Order before 2pm and we can offer you next day delivery on your pruchase.
What is Elleste Solo used to treat?
This medication is used to relieve a range of symptoms associated with the menopause. It contains the active ingredient estradiol hemihydrate.
When a woman goes through the menopause, her body's oestrogen levels drop significantly, which can cause various symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness.
Elleste Solo works to alleviate these symptoms after the menopause. You will only be prescribed this medication if your symptoms are having a serious effect on your daily life.
Who can take Elleste Solo?
Using Hormone Replacement Therapy treatments like Elleste Solo comes with certain risks, which should be discussed before you start to take it.
Your doctor will speak to you about your family's medical history before they prescribe you this medicine.
Do not take this medicine if:
- You have breast cancer, have ever had it, or are suspected of having it
- You have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- You have any kind of cancer which is sensitive to oestrogens, such as cancer of the womb lining, or you are suspected of having it
- You have ever had a blood clot in a vein, such as in your legs, or in the lungs
- You have a blood clotting disorder
- You have, or have recently had, a disease that was caused by blood clots in the arteries, including a stroke, heart attack or angina
- You have ever had liver disease
- You suffer from porphyria
- You have an allergy to estradiol hemihydrate, or any of the other ingredients contained in this medication
If you notice symptoms of any of the above conditions forming while you are taking Elleste Solo, stop using the medicine and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Before taking Elleste Solo, speak to your doctor if:
- You have fibroids in your womb
- You have high blood pressure
- You have any liver disorders
- You have high levels of fat in your blood
- You have diabetes
- You have growth of the womb lining outside of your womb
- You have increased risk of developing a blood clot
- You have a family history or an increased risk of getting an oestrogen-sensitive cancer
- You have gallstones
- You have epilepsy
- You have any immune system disease that affects the organs
- You are asthmatic
- You have fluid retention from kidney or cardiac problems
Stop taking Elleste Solo if:
- You have a large rise in blood pressure (symptoms could include headache, tiredness, dizziness)
- You have yellowing of the skin or in the whites of the eyes – these could be signs of liver disease
Possible side effects
As with all medications, taking Elleste Solo comes with the risk of certain side effects, although not everyone will suffer from them.
Women who use HRT medicines like Elleste Solo are more at risk of developing the following conditions:
- Breast cancer
- Abnormal growth or cancer of the lining of the womb
- Ovarian cancer
- Blood clots in the veins of the legs or lungs
- Heart disease
- Increased risk of memory loss if HRT is started over the age of 65
Common adverse effects of taking Elleste Solo include:
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling sick
- Increase in size of leiomyoma
- Breakthrough bleeding
- Disrupted menstruation period
- Irregular periods
- Uterine/vaginal bleeding and/or spotting
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Swelling of the legs
- Breast tenderness
- Breast enlargement
- Anxiety, depression and other mood alterations
- Increase or decreased sex drive
Less common side effects may include:
- Vaginal thrush
- Being sick
- Gallstones and gallbladder disease
- Breast pain
- Visual impairment
- Painful, reddish nodules
Speak to your doctor if any of these symptoms concern you or do not go away.
This list is not exhaustive. Please, refer to the Side Effects tab on this page for a list of rarer and more serious reactions you may experience while taking Elleste Solo.
Always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before you start to take it.
Never purchase any medication online unless it is from a pharmacy that is registered with the General Medical Council and the General Pharmaceutical Council, like Medicine Direct. This will ensure you receive nothing but genuine versions of the product you have ordered.
Medicine Direct is a fully accredited pharmacy, employing doctors who are also fully certified.
If you order with us, we promise low prices, discreet packaging, legitimate prescriptions and swift, tracked delivery on your medicine. If you order before 2pm, we can offer you next day delivery.
Always take Elleste Solo exactly as instructed by your doctor. Read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before you start to take it. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure of how to take it.
Your doctor will prescribe you the lowest possible dose, for the shortest period possible. Speak to your doctor if you do not think the dose is strong enough, or if it is too strong.
How to take Elleste Solo
If you are still having regular periods, take your first tablet on the first day you experience bleeding.
If you are no longer having regular periods, you can start your course of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) straight away.
Swallow Elleste Solo tablets whole with a drink of water.
Take 1 tablet each day. It doesn't matter what time of day you take Elleste Solo, but you should try to take it at the same time every day.
Take a tablet every day until the packet is empty; the days of the week are marked on the strip, to remind you to take it every day of the week. All the tablets are the same, so it doesn't matter which day you start on.
What if I forget to take it?
If you miss a tablet, take it as soon as you remember, then continue taking Elleste Solo at your normal time.
If you miss a tablet by more than 12 hours, safely dispose of the tablet you forgot to take and just take your next dose at the normal time you take this medicine.
Never double double dose in an attempt to make up for a missed dose.
If you have not had a hysterectomy, you may suffer breakthrough bleeding or spotting.
What if I take more than I'm supposed to?
If you accidentally take too much Elleste Solo, you are unlikely to experience any adverse effects.
However, you may feel sick, dizzy or vomit. You may also feel tired or suffer withdrawal bleeding. This does not require any treatment, but you should contact your doctor if you become worried.
If you are due to have surgery
Make sure your doctor is aware if you are scheduled to have any kind of surgery.
You may be required to stop taking Elleste Solo between 4 and 6 weeks before the surgery, to reduce the risk of blood clotting.
Speak to your doctor about when you will be able to start taking Elleste Solo again.
How does it work?
How do I buy Elleste Solo online?
What are the advantages of buying Elleste Solo online?
Is Elleste Solo bioidentical?
The more common adverse effects of taking Elleste Solo can be found on the main product page.
It is also possible that you may suffer from rarer adverse reactions while using this HRT medication. You should seek medical attention if you experience any of the below.
Rarer side effects of taking Elleste Solo include:
- Increase in facial and body hair
- Intolerance to contact lenses
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Painful periods
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Muscle cramps
More serious conditions you may develop are:
- Breast cancer
- Worsening of fits
- Pain or lumps in the breasts
- Urinary incontinence
- Discolouration of the skin
Contact your doctor immediately if you exhibit any of the above symptoms.
In rare cases, it is possible to suffer a serious allergic reaction to Elleste Solo.
Either go to A&E or dial 999 straight away if you experience any of these symptoms:
- You are finding it difficult to speak or breathe
- You have a skin rash that is red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
- You have swelling in your face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
- You are wheezing
You may require immediate treatment in hospital.
The above lists may not be exhaustive; you should always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly for a comprehensive list of adverse effects you may suffer when you use this medicine.
If you have any questions or worries, you are advised to speak to your doctor about them before you start to take Elleste Solo.
Warnings and drug interactions
Elleste Solo may interact with other medicines and increase your risk of side effects, or work less effectively.
It is very important that your doctor is aware if you are already taking any other forms of medicine. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
In particular, you should be sure to tell your doctor if you are already taking any of the following medicines:
- Any medicines used to treat epilepsy, such as phenobarbital, phenytoin or carbamazepine
- Any medicines prescribed to treat HIV, including ritonavir and nelfinavir
- Any herbal remedies that contain St. John's Wort as an ingredient
Check the patient information leaflet thoroughly for other medicines which may interact with Elleste Solo.
If you have any doubts, concerns or questions at all, we strongly advise you to speak to your doctor about them before you start taking Elleste Solo.
Driving and operating machinery
While Elleste Solo does not directly impair your ability to drive and operate machinery, you should note that possible reactions to this medicine include dizziness and feeling tired.
If you experience these symptoms, you should not drive, ride a bike or operate any machinery until you feel better again.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
This medication is only prescribed to post-menopausal women. It should not be taken by women who are currently pregnant, trying to get pregnant or think they may be pregnant.
If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, stop taking it and seek your doctor's advice as soon as possible.
You should also not take Elleste Solo if you are currently breastfeeding.
Each Elleste Solo tablet contains estradiol hemihydrate as the active ingredient.
They also contain the following inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, macrogol 400, titanium dioxide (E171), and hypromellose (E464).
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.