- Feminax Ultra is out of stock, Naproxen 250mg is a recommended alternative
- Fast acting medicine that provides pain relief during your period
- Effective treatment for Women aged between 15 - 50 Years old
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Feminax Ultra?
Feminax Ultra is available to purchase without a prescription. It contains the active ingredient naproxen, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory used to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with a wide number of conditions.
You can buy Feminax Ultra from Medicine Direct. It is available in packets of 9 tablets and if you order before 2pm, we can offer you next day delivery on your purchase.
What is Feminax Ultra used to treat?
Feminax Ultra is commonly used to treat period pain and menstrual cramps in women.
It is a fast-acting medicine that provides pain relief during your period. Feminax Ultra is mostly used by women who are aged between 15 and 50 years old.
For the most effective pain relief, it is best to take one tablet as soon as your period pain starts; Feminax Ultra will get to work on the pain immediately, allowing you to go about your daily life without discomfort.
Who can take Feminax Ultra?
Feminax Ultra provides effective relief for women who suffer from period pain, but it may not be suitable for all women to take.
Before you start to use this medication, please inform your doctor or pharmacist if any of the below apply to you:
- You have a blood clotting disorder
- You have lupus
- You have high blood pressure
- You have had an allergic reaction to naproxen or any other medication
- You have any heart problems, including severe heart failure
- You have bleeding in the stomach, a hole in your stomach, or stomach ulcers
- You have Chron's disease or ulcerative colitis
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen
Possible Side Effects
As with any medicine, taking Feminax Ultra comes with a risk of side effects, although not everyone will suffer from them.
Common side effects associated with taking Feminax Ultra include:
- Feeling dizzy
- Ringing in the ears
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Changes in your vision
These side effects should pass over time, but contact your doctor if any of these bother you or don't go away.
This list is not exhaustive; for a list of rarer and more serious reactions to Feminax Ultra, please refer to the Side Effects tab on this page.
Always read the information leaflet for the full details on adverse effects you may suffer.
Feminax Ultra Dosage
Always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before taking Feminax Ultra. Please do not hesitate to speak to your pharmacist if you are not sure of how to take it.
You should take one tablet as soon as the pain begins to appear. Swallow the tablets whole with a drink of water.
On the first day, take two tablets. If required, you can take one tablet between 6 and 8 hours later.
On the second day, if required, take one tablet every 6 to 8 hours. This dose can be repeated on the third day if you still have period pain.
Do not take more than 3 tablets in one day. Do not take the tablets for longer than 3 days during the same period.
Feminax Ultra FAQ's
How does Feminax Ultra work?
How do I buy Feminax online?
Feminax Ultra Side Effects
In some instances, you may suffer from serious side effects while taking Feminax. You should contact a doctor straight away if you suffer from any of the following:
- You have a fever, stomach pain or are being sick – could be signs of inflammation of the pancreas
- You have blood in your urine or you are urinating less/more often – could be signs of a kidney infection or kidney damage
- The whites of your eyes turn yellow or you have yellow skin – could be signs of liver inflammation or jaundice
- You have severe indigestion, heartburn, stomach pains or diarrhoea
- You are feeling or being sick
- You have a persistent sore throat, nosebleeds or infections
- You have an irregular or slower heartbeat
- You have neck stiffness, headaches, confusion, sensitivity to light
- You suffer from chest pains, fainting or breathlessness
- You are vomiting blood or your vomit contains dark particles that look like coffee granules
- You have blood in your stools or stools that look black
This list may not be exhaustive; consult the patient information leaflet, which will accompany your medicine, for a full list of potential side effects associated wit Feminax Ultra.
Severe allergic reaction
In rare cases, you may experience a severe allergic reaction to taking this medicine and require immediate treatment in hospital. You should either call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you experience any of the following symptoms while taking this medicine:
- You get a skin rash that is itchy, red, blistered, peeling or swollen
- You are finding it hard to breathe or speak
- You are wheezing
- You have swelling in your face, tongue, throat, mouth or lips
You have tightness in the chest or throat
Feminax Ultra Warnings and drug interactions
Please note that Feminax Ultra may interact with other medicines you are currently using.
Always ensure you inform your doctor or pharmacist of any medicines you are already using before you start to take Feminax Ultra. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
In particular, you should make them aware if you are currently taking any of the following:
- Any steroids
- Any other anti-inflammatory medicines, such as ibuprofen
- Diuretics (medicines to make you urinate more often)
- Any medication to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Any medicines to treat depression
- Any medications used to thin your blood, such as Warfarin
- Any medicines used to treat any heart problems
- Any medicines used to treat high blood pressure
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to discuss them with your doctor or pharmacist before you start to take this medication.
Do not take more than 3 tablets of this medicine in the same day. Take your first two tablets as soon as you start to experience period pain. Leave at least 6 hours before taking your next dose.
Never order medicine online unless it is from a pharmacy that is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council, such as Medicine Direct.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Feminax Ultra is not normally recommended to be taken by women who are currently pregnant, particularly if you are more than 30 weeks pregnant. If this is the case, you should only take Feminax Ultra if it is prescribed by a doctor.
There is a link between birth defects and taking naproxen. There may also be a link between this drug and miscarriages in early pregnancy.
If you are currently pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant, you should first inform your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Paracetamol is normally the safest medicine to use for pain while pregnant.
Similarly, if you are breastfeeding, it is usually safer to use ibuprofen. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Each tablet contains naproxen as the active ingredient. They also contain lactose.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.