Nasonex Nasal Spray - 140 Sprays
- 140 sprays per bottle
- Used to treat hay fever and allergies
- Relieves allergy symptoms quickly
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Nasonex?
Nasonex nasal spray is a medicine that is used to treat and prevent the symptoms that come with seasonal hay fever, perennial rhinitis and nasal polyps.
Nasonex contains a medicine called mometasone furoate, which belongs to a class of drugs known as steroid nasal sprays, also called corticosteroids. When sprayed into the nose, mometasone furoate can work to relieve the symptoms of hay fever, such as inflammation, sneezing, itching and a blocked or runny nose.
It can be used to treat these conditions in adults and children over the age of 3.
What is Nasonex used to treat?
Nasonex nasal spray is used as a treatment and prevention method for the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (commonly known as hay fever) and perennial rhinitis, a condition that occurs on most days throughout the year.
It can also be used for nasal polyps in adults over the age of 18. Nasal polyps are growths on the lining of the nose; this creates a blocked feeling in the nose which can cause breathing problems. Nasonex can cause the polyps to shrink over time by reducing the inflammation.
How does Nasonex work?
Hay fever is not a condition that can be cured. However, Nasonex is an effective medication for managing the symptoms that come with this problem. Nasonex contains a corticosteroid medicine called mometasone furoate, which has anti-inflammatory properties and works by controlling inflammation inside the nasal passages that happen in response to allergens.
This medicine can help to reduce swelling and also reduce the production of mucus inside the nose.
Many patients find that Nasonex relieves their symptoms within 12 hours of taking the first dose, although you might not feel the full benefit for the first two days. For this reason, it is important that you are consistent with your usage.
How to use Nasonex
Always use Nasonex Nasal Spray as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Read the patient information leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Do not use this spray for longer or in larger doses than you were told to.
- Shake the bottle gently and remove the cap.
- Blow your nose gently.
- Press your finger against one nostril to close it and insert the nozzle into the other nostril.
- Tilt your head forward slightly while keeping the bottle upright.
- Breathe in gently through the nose. While you are doing this, press down on the pump once with your fingers. This will release one spray into your nose.
- Breathe out through your mouth. If applicable, repeat step 5 in the same nostril.
- Remove the nozzle from your nostril and breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 in the other nostril.
Who can use Nasonex?
Nasonex nasal spray may not be suitable for everyone.
Do not use Nasonex if any of the following apply to you:
- You are allergic to mometasone furoate or any of the other ingredients contained in this spray (please see the Ingredients tab for a full list of substances)
- You have injured your nose or have recently had an operation on your nose.
- You have an infection in your nose that has not been treated.
Do not use Nasonex without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You have or have ever had tuberculosis
- You have any other infection
- You have cystic fibrosis
- You are taking any other corticosteroid medicines
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
Talk to your doctor if you are using Nasonex and any of the below apply to you:
- You have persistent nasal or throat irritation
- You are using Nasonex for several months or even longer
- Your immune system does not work properly, and you have had contact with anyone who is suffering from chickenpox or measles.
- You have a nose or throat infection
This medicine should not be used by children under 3 years old for hay fever or perennial allergic rhinitis. As a treatment for nasal polyps, Nasonex must not be used by anyone under the age of 18 years.
This list may not be exhaustive. Always refer to the patient information leaflet for full warnings.
Can you buy Nasonex over the counter?
Nasonex cannot be bought without a prescription. It is not available over the counter.
Can you buy Nasonex online in the UK?
You can buy Nasonex online from Medicine Direct by completing an online consultation questionnaire on our website. One of our prescribers will assess your answers to make sure that this is a suitable medicine for you.
As long as you have ordered by 2pm, we can offer you next day delivery.
For your own safety, do not buy medicine online from anywhere other than regulated pharmacies, like Medicine Direct. This will ensure you only receive genuine and approved medication.
While there is no cure for hay fever, there are plenty of different medicines available to help control and relieve the problem. We stock a variety of medications to suit a range of sufferers.
Aside from Nasonex, there are a number of other corticosteroid nasal sprays which may be more suitable for you to use. These include Flixonase, Beclometasone and Dymista, which also contains an antihistamine medicine for comprehensive treatment.
Oral antihistamines like Loratadine and Chlorphenamine work by blocking the action of histamine, which triggers allergy symptoms. Antihistamines come in the form of tablets, oral solutions and nasal sprays, which can be ordered from our online pharmacy after completing a confidential online questionnaire.
Browse our full range of treatments for Hay Fever.
Nasonex Nasal Spray Dosage and Directions
Our pharmacists and prescribers follow NICE guidelines when prescribing Nasonex Nasal Spray.
Adults and children over 12 years old
The usual dose is two sprays into each nostril once a day. Your doctor may tell you to decrease this dose as your symptoms start to improve.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have been using two sprays but do not feel any better; they may increase your dose. The maximum dose is four sprays into each nostril a day.
Children aged 3 to 11 years
The normal recommended dose for children aged 3 to 11 is one spray into each nostril once a day.
As a treatment for nasal polyps
This medicine should only be used to treat nasal polyps in adults over the age of 18.
The usual dose for this condition is two sprays into each nostril each day.
Your doctor may increase your dosage if your symptoms do not improve after 5 to 6 weeks. They may also decrease your dose once your symptoms start to get better.
What does the price include?
How do I purchase Nasonex online?
How many packs of Nasonex can I order in one purchase?
What does Nasonex contain?
How does Nasonex work?
Is it safe to use a nasal spray at the same time as oral antihistamines?
Is Nasonex available for next-day delivery?
Is it safe to purchase Nasonex online?
What are the advantages of buying Nasonex online?
I normally get Nasonex from my doctor – why should I order it online?
Nasonex Side Effects
The following side effects may occur in an unknown frequency:
- Blurred vision
- Changes in your taste and smell
- Glaucoma or cataracts
- Difficulty breathing
- Damage to the nasal partition that separates the nostrils
Speak to your doctor immediately if you suffer any of these reactions.
Serious allergic reaction
Stop using Nasonex and either call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you suffer any of the following symptoms:
- You are wheezing
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have swelling in your face, mouth, tongue, lips or throat
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
- You develop a skin rash that might include red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
You may be having a serious allergic reaction and require immediate treatment in hospital.
Always read the patient information leaflet for full details on side effects. If you are worried, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Before you start using Nasonex, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using any other medicine. This includes prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
Nasonex contains benzalkonium chloride, which may cause irritation inside your nose. You are more likely to experience this if you use it for a long time.
Corticosteroid nasal sprays may cause slowed growth in children, particularly when used for a long period of time. If you have a child who needs to use this spray for a long time, it is recommended that their height is monitored on a regular basis. If you notice an issue, speak to your doctor straight away.
When used for a long time, corticosteroid sprays like this one may cause side effects as a result of the drug being absorbed into the body.
This medicine may caused visual problems, such as blurred vision. Talk to your doctor if you suffer any visual disturbances and do not drive, cycle or operate machinery until your sight returns to normal.
Is it safe to use a nasal spray at the same time as oral antihistamines?
You can use oral antihistamines at the same time as this spray, although you should not use any other steroid sprays.
Always read the patient information leaflet for full details on warnings and other medicines that interact with Nasonex nasal spray. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if:
- You are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are trying to get pregnant
- You think you might be pregnant
What is contained in Nasonex Nasal Spray?
The active ingredient in this medicine is mometasone furoate.
The inactive ingredients are: dispersible cellulose, glycerol, sodium citrate, citric acid monohydrate, polysorbate 80, benzalkonium chloride and purified water.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.