Rhinocort Nasal Spray (budesonide) - 120 Sprays
- Treats and prevents symptoms of hay fever
- Reduces inflammation inside the nose
- Effective nasal polyp treatment
Please note brand received may vary
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Rhinocort Nasal Spray?
Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray contains the medicine budesonide, which belongs to a group of drugs known as corticosteroids. Corticosteroids help to reduce and prevent inflammation. It is used to treat and prevent the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
This product is only available on prescription. You can buy Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray from Medicine Direct by completing a simple and confidential online consultation with a registered doctor or pharmacist. They will review your medical history and prescribe Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray if they believe it to be a suitable treatment for you to use. Order from our online pharmacy by 2pm for next day delivery.
What is Rhinocort used for?
Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray is used to treat and prevent the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (hay fever), such as a runny or blocked nose and sneezing.
It contains the active ingredient budesonide, which is a corticosteroid medicine. This medicine reduces and prevents inflammation inside the nose, allowing those who suffer from allergic rhinitis to go about their day without suffering from symptoms.
Rhinocort Aqua nasal sprays can also be used to treat nasal polyps, which are small growths within the nose.
Various alternative treatments exist for allergic rhinitis (hay fever), ranging from other nasal sprays to oral medication.
Certain precautions you can take will also ease the symptoms of hay fever, such as using a pollen filter in your car, not having fresh flowers at home, dusting with a damp cloth and vacuuming regularly and staying inside as much as possible during the hay fever season.
Who can use Rhinocort?
Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray provides effective relief from the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, but it is not suitable for everyone.
Do not use the Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray if you are allergic to budesonide or any of the other ingredients in this medicine (please see the Ingredients tab for full details).
This product should not be used by anyone who is under the age of 18.
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you start using RHinocort Aqua nasal spray if any of the following applies to you:
- You have ever had glaucoma or cataracts
- You have any liver problems
- You have diabetes
- You have an eye infection
- You suffer from heavy or frequent nose bleeds
- You have recently had nose surgery or nose ulcers
- You have a nose injury that has not healed properly yet
- You have tuberculosis, measles, chicken pox or a chest infection, or have recently come into contact with someone else who has any of these conditions
- You are currently using any other corticosteroid medicines
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray comes with the risk of side effects, although not everyone who uses it will get them.
Common side effects of using this product may affect 1 in 10 people and include:
- Nasal irritation, such as a stinging sensation, dry nose or sneezing straight after using the spray
Muscle cramps are an uncommon side effect.
This list is not exhaustive. Please read the Side Effects tab for further details.
Rhinocort Nasal Spray Dosage and Directions
Our pharmacists and prescribers follow NICE guidelines when prescribing Rhinocort nasal spray.
Always use Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray exactly as instructed. Read the patient information leaflet thoroughly and ask your doctor or pharmacist for further guidance if you are still not sure how to use it.
The recommended dose for adults is two sprays into each nostril in the morning. However, in some cases your doctor may instruct you to use one spray into each nostril each morning and evening.
As your symptoms improve, your doctor may reduce the dose.
Try to use Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray regularly, ideally before coming into contact with allergy triggers.
How to use
- Blow your nose.
- Shake the bottle and remove the protective cap.
- Insert the tip of the nasal spray's nozzle into your nostril, directing the nozzle to the side of your nose.
- Use one or two sprays, depending on the instructions your doctor has given you. You do not need to breathe in at the same time as you use the spray.
- Use the spray in the other nostril in exactly the same way.
- Use a tissue to wipe the nozzle clean, then replace the protective cap.
What is Rhinocort used for?
How do I use this medicine?
How do I clean my device?
Can children use Rhinocort?
I’m pregnant. Can I use Rhinocort?
What happens if I miss a dose?
Rhinocort Nasal Spray Side Effects
Rare side effects may include:
- Change in voice
- Blurred vision
- Slowed growth rate in children and adolescents
- Nasal ulcers
- Perforation of the nasal septum
In unknown frequencies, some people have also reported glaucoma and cataracts as side effects of Rhinocort.
Talk to your doctor immediately if you experience blurred vision or any other visual problems, or any signs of an infection.
Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, it is possible to suffer a serious allergic reaction to Rhinocort.
You must call 999 or go to A&E straight away if:
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
- You develop a skin rash that may include red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- You are wheezing
- You have swelling in your face, mouth, tongue, lips or throat
You might be having a serious allergic reaction and require urgent hospital treatment.
Always read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive information on side effects. If you are worried about getting side effects or are unsure of how to deal with them, please speak to your pharmacist or doctor before you start using this nasal spray.
Rhinocort Nasal Spray Warnings
Before using Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray, make sure you tell your pharmacist or doctor if you are already taking any other medicines. This includes prescription or non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins or supplements.
It is particularly important that they are aware if you are taking any of the medicines listed below:
- Any HIV medicines
- Any oestrogens, such as the contraceptive pill or hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- You have just stopped taking any corticosteroid tablets
- Any antibiotics
- Any other corticosteroid medicines, including asthma inhalers, eczema cream, injections, tablets, nasal sprays, eye or nose drops
- Any medicines to treat fungal infections
This nasal spray should not be used by anyone under the age of 18.
For more information on medicines that interact with Rhinocort nasal spray.
Driving and using machines
If you suffer from any side effects that impair your ability to see, such as blurred vision, do not drive or operate machinery until you feel better. Speak to your doctor if these symptoms persist.
Always read the patient information leaflet for full warnings and drug interactions. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Please talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using this nasal spray if:
- You are currently pregnant
- You are currently breastfeeding
- You are trying to get pregnant
- You think you might be pregnant
Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you become pregnant while using this treatment.
Rhinocort Nasal Spray Ingredients
This nasal spray contains the active ingredient budesonide.
The inactive ingredients in this medicine are: disodium edetate, potassium sorbate (E202), glucose (anhydrous), microcrystalline cellulose (E460), carboxymethylcellulose sodium (E466), polysorbate 80 (E433), hydrochloric acid and purified water.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.