Rhinolast Nasal Spray (22ml)
- Easy to use antihistamine nasal spray
- Can be used by anyone over age 6+
- Relief from runny or blocked nose
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Rhinolast nasal spray?
Rhinolast nasal spray is a prescription-only treatment for the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
It contains azelastine hydrochloride, which belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines, and can be used by adults and children who are over the age of 6.
How do I buy Rhinolast online?
You can buy Rhinolast nasal spray online from Medicine Direct after you have completed a simple and confidential online consultation with a registered doctor or pharmacist. They will review the answers you provide in our questionnaire and prescribe you Rhinolast if it is a safe product for you to use.
With this prescription, you can buy the nasal spray from our registered UK pharmacy. Place your order by 2pm and next day delivery is also available.
What are the benefits of taking Rhinolast?
Rhinolast nasal spray is an effective treatment for the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, commonly known as 'hay fever'.
This spray contains the active ingredient azelastine hydrochloride, which is an antihistamine medicine. It works by preventing the effects of a chemical called histamine, which your body produces naturally in response to an allergy trigger, such as animal fur or dust.
Allergic rhinitis may only affect you at specific points in the year, such as during the pollen season (hay fever). However, if you are allergic to dust or animal fur you might suffer from this condition all year round.
The common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include a runny, blocked or itchy nose and sneezing.
Non-medical measures you can take to ease the symptoms of allergic rhinitis include:
- Wearing wrap-around sunglasses to avoid pollen or allergens irritating your eyes
- Showering immediately after going outside to remove any pollen grains you may have picked up
- Keeping windows closed at home on days that have high pollen counts
Is Rhinolast nasal spray suitable for me?
This product is not suitable for everyone.
Do not give Rhinolast nasal spray to anyone who is under the age of 6.
Do not use Rhinolast nasal spray if any of the below apply to you:
- You are allergic to azelastine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients contained in this product (please refer to the Ingredients tab for full details)
If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant, or think you might be pregnant, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you start using Rhinolast.
Full details on who this medication may not be suitable for can be found in the patient information leaflet, which will come with your nasal spray. If you are unsure if this medication is suitable for you, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Rhinolast nasal spray can cause side effects, although not everyone who uses it will be affected by them.
Common side effects of this medication may affect up to 1 in 10 users and include:
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth, which is more likely to happen if you tilt your head back while using the spray. In rare cases, this might make you feel sick
Uncommon side effects may affect up to 1 in 100 people:
- Slight irritation, such as stinging or itching, on the inside of your nose, sneezing and epitaxis
This list is not exhaustive. Please refer to the Side Effects tab for information on rarer and more serious reactions you might suffer while using Rhinolast nasal spray.
Rhinolast Nasal Spray Dosage & Directions
Our pharmacists and prescribers follow NICE guidelines when prescribing Rhinolast nasal spray.
Always use Rhinolast nasal spray exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to. Read the patient information leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information if you are not sure.
For adults and children over 6 years old, the normal daily dose is one spray into each nostril twice a day: once in the morning and once again in the evening.
Before you use the nasal spray for the first time, press the pump several times until a spray is finally released.
- Blow your nose.
- Remove the protective cap from the nasal spray.
- Keeping your head upright, spray once into each nostril. Do not tilt your head backwards.
- After use, wipe the nozzle clean and replace the protective cap.
What if I use too much?
An extra dose of Rhinolast is unlikely to do you any harm, but speak to your doctor if you notice any side effects or become worried.
If anyone, particularly a child, drinks any of the medicine contained in Rhinolast nasal spray, call 111 or go to A&E straight away.
If you get the spray in your eyes, this may cause stinging. Rinse them thoroughly with plenty of clean water.
What if I forget to use it?
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember, then continue using Rhinolast nasal spray as usual. Never take a double dose to try and make up for missing a previous one.
To make sure you do not forget to use this product, try to use it at the same times every day. Some people find it helps to set an alarm as a reminder to use it.
What does the price include?
How do I buy Rhinolast online?
How many packs of Rhinolast can I buy in one purchase?
What does Rhinolast contain?
Is Rhinolast available for next-day delivery?
Is it safe to buy Rhinolast online?
What are the advantages of buying Rhinolast online?
I normally get Rhinolast from my doctor - why should I buy it online?
Rhinolast Nasal Spray Side Effects
Information on more common side effects can be found on the main product page.
Rare side effects of Rhinolast nasal spray may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people and include:
- Hypersensitivity reaction, such as urticaria, pruritus or a rash
Seek medical attention if you get signs of any of the above.
Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, it is possible to suffer a serious allergic reaction to this medicine.
You must call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- You get a skin rash that may include red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- You are wheezing
- You have swelling in your face, mouth, throat, lips or tongue
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
You could be having a serious allergic reaction and require immediate treatment in hospital.
Always read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive details on side effects. If you are worried about side effects or have any questions, please do not hesitate to discuss them with your doctor or pharmacist.
Rhinolast Nasal Spray Warnings
Before you start using Rhinolast nasal spray, please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently using any other prescription or non-prescription medication as some medicines can interact with Rhinolast nasal spray.
This product must not be used by children under 6 years old.
Always read the patient information leaflet for a complete breakdown of warnings and drug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information if you have any questions or concerns.
Rhinolast Nasal Spray Ingredients
Rhinolast nasal spray contains the active ingredient azelastine hydrochloride.
It also contains the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, disodium edetate, sodium citrate, disodium phosphate, sodium chloride and purified water.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.