Canesten Thrush Cream is and external treatment for Thrush. The cream contains 2% of Clotrimazole (the active ingredient) which helps reduce/clear thrush symptoms (e.g. burning and itching).
How is Thrush caused?
When the balance of bacteria and yeasts have been disrupted, thrush is caused.
This can be caused by things such as:
- Tight clothing
- Tampons not changed regularly
- Sexual activity (trauma)
- Perfumed soap/shower gel/bubble bath
How to use Canesten Thrush Cream
Wash hands thoroughly before and after use. Apply a thin layer of cream to affected area 2-3 times a day, gently rub in.
Treatment will need to be continued 1-2 weeks after treating the internal infection.
If the symptoms continue, seek GP advice.
Mild burning/irritation may occur after applying cream.
If the burning/irritation is intolerable, stop the treatment immediately and see GP advice.
If the following symptoms occur, see your GP as soon as possible:
- Pain or difficulty when passing urine
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Foul odor from discharge from the vagina
- Abnormal bleeding or bloody discharge
- Blister, ulcers or sores on the vagina/vulva
Before you use Canesten Thrush Cream
You should see your GP if:
- You are under 16 years of age or over 60 years of age.
- You have had an allergic reaction to Canesten Cream in the past (or similar products)
- You have had Thrush more than twice in the last 6 months
You (or your partner) have ever had an STI
01. Choose Treatment
Select the treatment or medication you need.
02. Online Consultation
Our Independent Prescribers will review your questionnaire and issue a private prescription.
03. Express Delivery
Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.