Buy Minocin 100mg Modified Release Capsules online to help treat acne
Please note brand received may vary
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
Minocin 100mg Capsules for Acne
Acne affects 95% of us between the ages of 11 and 30. There is no quick fix when it comes to treating acne, instead; acne treatments are intended to fight against the acne causing bacteria and gradually clear it from the surface of the skin. You can buy Minocin 100mg tablets online from Medicine Direct, complete your online consultation and get started on your acne treatment plan.
What is Minocin MR?
Minocin is the brand name for a tetracycline antibiotic called minocycline.
It is used in the treatment of a number of bacterial infections but is also a very common treatment for acne. It helps to reduce skin redness and inflammation while also healing the area that surrounds the spots.
You must have a prescription to buy Minocin MR capsules.
What is Minocin MR used to treat?
Minocin MR (minocycline) is used as a treatment for a number of bacterial infections and is very commonly prescribed to aid in the treatment of acne.
Acne is caused by the clogging of skin pores; if your skin becomes infected as a result, spots may appear.
The active ingredient, minocycline hydrochloride, helps to fight against the infection that causes spots, reducing inflammation and helping to heal the area surrounding the spots.
How does Minocin MR work?
Minocycline has been described as one of the most effective acne medications available by the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
Minocycline works by stopping the bacteria that causes acne from growing and spreading. Doing this stops new spots from forming and also helps to relieve the redness and inflammation that is caused by acne.
Additionally, minocycline decreases how much sebum is produced. Sebum is a natural, oily substance that is produced by the skin’s sebaceous glands. It is normally a useful product for the skin, helping to keep it smooth and supple. However, when too much is produced, it can mix with dead skin cells and clog your pores, causing acne. By reducing the production of sebum, this can be avoided.
Who can take Minocin MR?
Minocin MR is an effective acne treatment, but it is not suitable for everyone to take.
Make sure your doctor or pharmacist is aware if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to minocycline tablets or any other tetracycline antibiotic in the past
- You have had an allergic reaction to any other medicines in the past
- You have kidney disease
- The person this treatment has been prescribed for is under 12 years old
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus
- You have myasthenia gravis
- You have liver disease
Minocin MR can affect the results of certain medical tests. If you require any tests, you should make sure the doctor, nurse or practitioner is aware that you are taking this medication.
This list may not be exhaustive, you should read the patient information leaflet for a full list of conditions that may make Minocin an unsuitable treatment for you.
Can you buy Minocin MR over the counter?
No, Minocin MR is only available on prescription, so cannot be bought over the counter.
Can you buy Minocin MR online in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Minocin MR capsules online from Medicine Direct. However, as this is a prescription-only medicine, you will first need to fill out a confidential online consultation form. This is so one of our prescribers can review your answers and condition to make sure that Minocin MR is an appropriate treatment for you.
Next day delivery is available on orders placed by 2pm. Never order any medicine from anywhere other than regulated pharmacies, like Medicine Direct. We can guarantee nothing but genuine, safe and approved medicine to those who order from us. More details can be found on the About Us page.
Minocin MR alternatives
Aside from Minocin MR capsules, generic Minocycline tablets are also available from Medicine Direct to treat acne.
Other antibiotic medicines we stock include:
- Tetralysal (lymecycline)
- Generic lymecycline
Additionally, a range of topical treatments for acne can also be ordered from our pharmacy, such as:
- Finacea gel
- Differin cream/gel
- Dalacin T lotion
- Duac gel
How to take Minocin MR capsules
Always take Minocin MR capsules in accordance with your doctor’s instructions.
Full instructions can be found in the patient information leaflet, which will come with your medicine.
The normal dose is to take one capsule each day. This dose may be different for elderly people, but your doctor will advise if this is the case.
- Take one capsule at the same time each day.
- Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, suck or chew it.
- Minocin MR capsules should be taken on an empty stomach, either one hour before a meal or two hours after.
- Take the capsule while standing or sitting.
- Do not take Minocin MR at the same time as any indigestion remedies. Leave a gap of 2-3 hours between these two medicines.
Minocin 100mg Capsules dose indications
|Acne||100mg once daily or 2 x 50mg daily|
How quickly does Minocin MR work?
Will my acne return if I stop taking minocin?
Can I drink milk whilst taking Minocin?
How long should I take Minocin for?
What should I do if it does not clear my acne?
Is minocin an antibiotic?
Is Minocin the same as Minocycline?
Can i drink alcohol whilst taking Minocin?
Minocin 100mg Capsules Side Effects
You may experience more serious adverse reactions to this medicine. You should contact your doctor immediately if any of these happen to you while using Minocin:
- Headache, blurred vision or loss of vision
- Pain in the upper abdomen or back
- Redness/swelling of the penis
- Inflamed blood vessels
- Sudden fever, sore throat, feeling tired, convulsions, unexplained bleeding or bruising
- Heartburn or difficulty swallowing
- Red patches on the skin
- White patches in the mouth
- Itching around the anus or vagina (may be accompanied by unusual vaginal discharge)
- Worsening or developing symptoms of systemic lupus erythematosus
- Worsening or developing symptoms of myasthenia gravis
- Numbness or pins and needles in the hands and/or feet
- Staining of the teeth, gums, nails, lips, eyes, breast milk, tears or tongue
- Staining anywhere else on the body
In rare instances, it is possible that you may suffer a severe allergic reaction to Minocin. This could be life-threatening and you may require immediate treatment in hospital.
You should call 999 or go to A&E straight away if:
- You have a skin rash that is red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling
- You have swelling in the mouth, face, tongue, lips or throat
- You are wheezing
- You are having difficulty in talking or breathing
- You have tightness in the chest or throat
Always read the patient information leaflet that will come with your medication for a full list of potential adverse reactions. If you have any doubts or concerns at all, you are strongly advised to speak to your doctor before you start to use Minocin.
Minocin Warnings and drug interactions
As with all medicines, Minocin can interact with other medications when taken at the same time.
Always ensure that your doctor is aware of all medicines you are currently using. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
In particular, you should inform your doctor if you are currently taking any of the below:
- Anticoagulants, such as Warfarin
- Penicillin antibiotics
- Indigestion remedies
- Any vitamins or supplements that contain iron, calcium, aluminium, magnesium, bismuth or zinc salts
- Any medicines you have bought without a prescription
If you are taking any vitamins, supplements or indigestion remedies that contain iron, calcium, aluminium, magnesium, bismuth or zinc salts, you should take these at least 3 hours before or after you take a dose of Minocin MR. These medicines can prevent Minocin from working properly if taken at the same time.
If you are taking a contraceptive pill and suffer from either diarrhoea, vomiting or bleeding, your pill may not work.
Can I take Minocin capsules during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
This medication may not be suitable if you are pregnant. You should inform your doctor if you are currently pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant.
Similarly, you should inform your doctor if you are currently breastfeeding before you start to take Minocin MR.
If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding and suffer from acne, your doctor will be able to recommend a suitable treatment for you.
Learn more about taking Minocin MR during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The main active ingredient within this medicine is: Minocycline hydrochloride
For a full list of the inactive ingredients, please read the Summary of Product Characteristics
Minocin 100mg MR Capsules price
|Minocin 100mg Modified Release Capsules||56 Capsules||£34.99|
Written by: Hussain Abdeh MPharm: 2211840
Published on: 12/10/2020
Updated on: 10/01/2021
This content has been written by our Superintendent Pharmacist Hussain Abdeh and has been medically reviewed by our Pharmacist Sonia Khan
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.