Lisinopril provides effective treatment for High Blood Pressure. When taken, Lisinopril relaxes the blood vessels allowing blood to pass through the body more freely, reducing the pressure on the heart.
Lisinopril 5mg, 10mg and 20mg High Blood Pressure Tablets
Lisinopril refers to an antihypertensive medicine used for controlling high blood pressure of a patient. Lisinopril tablets belong to the group of medicines that compose dihydropyridine as an active ingredient which works by broadening and relaxing the vessels carrying blood conclusively allowing the blood to circulate more smoothly around the body.
High blood pressure is caused when blood exerts high pressure on blood vessels ultimately narrowing them which then exerts pressure on heart hindering its working and flow around the body.
Lisinoprill is the drug that moves into the blood making it thin and allowing it to move freely ultimately increasing the efficient pumping of heart. Furthermore, the medicine is used in patients who have suffered from heart attacks or heart failures. The medicines are also used for the prevention of eye and kidney issues in patients with diabetes. Lisinoprill is available in several potencies such as 5 mg 10mg and 20 mg, depending upon the proportions of active ingredients in them.
- Patients of hypertension are advised to take Lisinopril dosage of 5 mg initially until doctor advises. Dosage can be increased depending upon the health condition of the patients;
- Patients are advised to have a maximum dosage of 20 mg only when prescribed by the doctor;
- In order to treat water retention patients are advised to take Lisinopril dosage of 5mg. Dosage can be increased depending upon the health condition of the patients;
- Patients with severe kidney diseases are advised to have 2.5 to 5 mg initially regularly till doctor advises. Dosage can be increased depending upon the health condition of the patients;
- Patients of haemodialysis are advised to have normal dosage as adults but the maximum dosage of 10 mg;
- In case of heart failure patients must be given a dose of 5 mg at initial level for maximum fourteen days, in case of dosage increase it should not be increased more than 10mg. The maximum dose which can be given to such a patient is of 35 mg;
- For patients with diabetes mellitus, they are advised to have a dosage of 10mg one time each 24 hours but dose can be increased to 20mg if prescribed by the doctor; and
- For patients who have undergone recent kidney transplant are not advised to have the medicine.
Lisinoprill Side Effects
Like all medications, Lisinopril can have a number of adverse side effects that can affect individuals in different ways.
The most common Lisinopril side effects include:
Long term side effects of Lisinopril
- Dry tickly cough
- Decreased Libido (sex drive)
- Decreased blood pressure
- Cloudy urine
- Flu like symptoms
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
Where can I buy Lisinopril Online?
Lisinopril needs to be taken under the advice and guidance of a doctor and is only available with a UK prescription. You can buy Lisinopril 5mg, 10mg and 20mg tablets online at Medicine Direct. Our doctors will review your current symptoms and prescribe you with the correct Lisinopril dosage.
Lisinopril and Alcohol
Lisinopril should not be taken in conjunction with Alcohol. Alcohol can have a huge effect on the effectiveness of medication; it can also increase your chances of experiencing a number of side effects. We recommend not consuming alcohol whilst taking this Lisinopril.
01. Choose Treatment
Select the treatment or medication you need.
02. Online Consultation
Our Independent Prescribers will review your questionnaire and issue a private prescription.
03. Express Delivery
Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.