Losartan is most commonly used to treat High Blood Pressure and any conditions related to the effects of HBP. Losartan can also help prevent Strokes and Heart attacks when used regularly.
*PLEASE NOTE IMAGES ARE FOR DISPLAY PURPOSE ONLY. IF YOU REQUIRE A SPECIFIC BRAND, PLEASE STATE THIS IN YOUR MEDICAL QUESTIONNIARE.
Losartan Pottasium 50mg
Losartan is a medicine commonly prescribed to treat individuals with high blood pressure and a number of related health issues such as heart failure and to protect your kidneys if you have diabetes. Losartan has also been proven to prevent future strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems.
Losartan tablet refers to an antihypertensive medicine used for controlling high blood pressure of a patient. Losartan tablet belongs to the group of angiotensin medicines that compose dihydropyridine as an active ingredient which works by broadening and luxuriating the vessels carrying blood conclusively allowing the blood to circulate more smoothly around the body.
High blood pressure is caused when blood exerts high pressure on blood vessels ultimately narrowing them which then exerts pressure on heart hindering its working and flow around the body.
Losartan is the drug that moves into the blood making it thin and allowing it to move freely ultimately increasing the efficient pumping of heart. The medicine is also beneficial for the patients of diabetes and moderate kidney disorders. Losartan is available in several potencies such as 25mg, 50mg and 100mg, depending upon the proportions of active ingredients in them.
Losartan tablets are available in a number of different strengths; the most commonly prescribed dosage of losartan is 50mg. Losartan 50mg is recommended to be taken daily in order to provide effective treatment for high blood pressure and any other related conditions.
How and when to take Losartan
- Patients are advised to take the medicine with water;
- Patients can take medicine before or after a meal
- Patients of hypertension are advised to take a Losartan tablet of potency 50 mg one time regularly for three weeks but please ensure that a doctor is consulted in case of no improvement
- Potency of tablet can be increased to its maximum potency in case of no improvement
- Diabetic patients of high blood pressure or hypertension are advised to follow general dosage of 50 mg once a day which can be increased to 100 mg in case of need
- Heart patients are advised to take a Losartan dosage of 12.5 mg each 24 hours initially, however the dosage is advised to be increased on weekly basis;
- Patients are advised to increase the dosage gradually to the maximum dose of 150 mg as per the health requirements of the patients;
- Patients with haemodialysis can take same dosage without any alterations;
- Patients older than 75 years are advised to take the tablet of potency 25 mg but the potency can be increased if prescribed by the doctor
Losartan Side Effects and Precautions before taking
- Patients suffering from diabetes mellitus are advised to inform doctor before using the medicine;
- Patients having weak immune system are advised not to apply the medicine without consultation of doctor;
- Patients with weak blood circulation around the body are advised to use the medicine without doctor’s permission;
- Mothers feeding their young infants should be careful while taking the medicine as it can poison mother milk affecting the health of baby;
- Pregnant women are strictly not allowed to use the medicine;
- Medicine should be kept in a cool and dry place;
- Medicine should be placed away from children;
- Patients with sinus syndrome are advised to take great care while taking the medicine;
- Medicine should be taken before a meal;
- Patients with moderate or even severe kidney or liver disorders must take special care while taking the medicine; and
- Patients are advised to avoid alcohol while medication process.
Side effects of Losartan
Like all medications, losartan can have a number of common and serious side effects that affect people that use it in different ways.
Common side effects include:
- Feeling dizzy
- Aching joints/muscles
More serious side effects include:
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Faint, dizzy feeling tired
- Pale skin
- Sore throat and fever
- Pins and needles/muscle cramps
- Weight Gain
Where can I Buy Losartan 50mg Online?
Losartan 50mg high blood pressure tablets are available on prescription. This means that a customer needs to have a valid UK prescription that has been authorised by a doctor before a pharmacy will supply you with the medication.
You can buy losartan online from Medicine Direct, our doctors will issue you with the correct dosage of the medicine and will send the medication directly to your specified address.
01. Choose Treatment
Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
02. Online Consultation
Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
03. Express Delivery
Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.