- Contraceptive Pill used to prevent pregnancy
- Thickens the mucus lining of the womb making it harder for Sperm to enter
- Each pill is marked with a specific day of the week. Take one pill every day for 21 days
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Dianette?
The pill Dianette is an oestrogen and an anti-androgen that is prescribed for women.
You can buy Dianette online from a UK registered pharmacy like Medicine Direct. If you order before 2pm, we can offer you next day delivery on your purchase.
What is Dianette used to treat?
Dianette is primarily used as a treatment for women who suffer from skin conditions like acne, very oily skin and excessive hair growth.
It is normally only prescribed to treat skin conditions when you have not responded to other anti-acne treatments, such as topical creams and antibiotics.
Dianette is also a contraception pill used in the prevention of pregnancy. It will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs); you should still use a condom to prevent the risk of STDs. It contains the active ingredients cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol, which prevents an egg being released from your ovaries and thickens the mucus in your cervix, making it harder for sperm to enter.
Who can take Dianette?
You should tell your doctor if you have any illnesses or conditions. Dianette may make some conditions worse.
In particular, you should inform your doctor if:
- You are using any other hormonal contraceptives
- You have or have ever had breast cancer
- You have ever had a heart attack or a stroke
- You have or have had a blood clot in any part of your body
- You have or have ever had any symptoms of a heart attack, stroke, or a mini-stroke
- You have any conditions that may increase the risk of a blood clot in your arteries
- You have very high blood pressure
- You have ever had a severe liver disease
- You have an intolerance to certain sugars
- You have ever had liver tumours or any abnormalities in your liver
- You are allergic to Dianette or any of the ingredients contained in the medication
Do not use this treatment if you have hepatitis C and are taking any medicines that contain ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir or dasabuvir.
Dianette may make certain conditions worse
Some conditions may be made worse by taking Dianette. Inform your doctor if you suffer from any of the below:
- You are overweight (obese)
- You or your family have had heart or circulation problems
- You or your family have ever had blood clotting
- You have ever had a migraine or any visual disturbances
- You have porphyria
- You have inflammation of the pancreas
- You have brown patches on your face or body
- You have any illness that was made worse during pregnancy
- You have high levels of fat in your body
- You do or have suffered from depression
- You have diabetes
Possible side effects
As with all medications, taking Dianette comes with the risk of certain side effects, although not everyone will get them.
If you suffer any worrying or persistent adverse reactions while taking this medication, you should contact your doctor. Dianette side effects include:
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Weight gain
- Sore or painful breasts
- Depression or mood swings
- Fluid retention
- Decreased sex drive
- Breast enlargement
- Being sick
- Skin rash
This list is not exhaustive; for rarer, more serious possible reactions, refer to the Side Effects tab on this page. Always read the patient information leaflet before you start to use this treatment.
How to take Dianette
Dianette pills come in strips that you should take over a course of 21 days. Your doctor will advise you as to how long to use this medication. You should take these pills at the same time every day.
Each pill is marked with a specific day of the week, and you should start by taking the correct pill on the correct day.
Follow the instructions that will accompany your medication and your doctor's directions. Take one pill each day for 21 days.
Dianette should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the pills.
Once the first course of treatment is complete, do not take any more tablets for seven days.
How Can I Buy Dianette Online?
What are the benefits of the medicine?
Is Dianette suitable for me?
Will it affect my ability to drive or use machinery?
There is no direct link between Dianette and an inability to drive or operate machines. However, as some of the side effects of this medicine include dizziness and fainting, you should not drive, ride a bike, or operate machinery if you suffer from these effects.
Can I drink alcohol?
Dianette Side Effects
The more common side effects of Dianette can be found on the main page.
In rare cases, you may experience more serious side effects while taking this pill. Speak to your doctor if you experience any of the below side effects while taking Dianette:
- Poor tolerance of contact lenses
- Venous blood clot
- Breast or vaginal discharge
- Weight loss
Some women have reported severe depression while taking this pill. In some cases, this has been so severe that it has led them to suicidal thoughts. If you experience depression or thoughts of taking your life, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
This medication causes an increased risk of blood clots in your veins, or blood clots in your arteries.
Signs of blood clots include:
- Feeling breathless
- Dizziness or fainting
- A sudden cough
- Severe chest pain that may travel to your left arm
- Any unusual or long-lasting headaches or migraines
- Changes in vision or loss of vision
- Slurring your speech
- Sudden changes to your senses
- Pain and/or swelling in your legs
- Abdomen pain
- Numbness or weakness in your body
A contraceptive pill like Dianette can increase your risk of getting breast cancer. Symptoms of breast cancer include:
- Dimpling of the skin
- Changes in your nipples
- Any lumps you can see or feel
Signs of cancer of the cervix may include:
- Pain during sex
- Pain in your pelvis
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal discharge that is bloody or smells
Signs of liver problems while using this pill include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Inflamed liver
- Itching of your whole body
Serious Side Effects
In rare circumstances, you may suffer a severe allergic reaction to Dianette. If you experience any of the below symptoms, you should either call 999 or go to A&E straight away:
- You are wheezing
- You have a skin rash that is blistering, peeling, itchy, red or swollen
- You have tightness in the chest or throat
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have swelling in your face, mouth, lips, throat or tongue
You may require immediate treatment in hospital.
The above lists may not be exhaustive effects you can experience; always read the information leaflet that will come in your medicine's packaging for the full details on all potential side effects.
If you have any concerns at all, please do not hesitate to speak to your doctor.
Dianette Warnings and drug interactions
Certain medications can interact with Dianette and hinder its effectiveness.
Before taking any new medication, you should always make sure you inform your doctor of all medicines you are currently using, including prescription and non-prescription medication, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements.
If you are taking Dianette as a skin treatment, you should not take any other hormonal contraception at the same time.
Tell your doctor in particular if you are currently taking:
- Medicines to treat epilepsy
- Medicines to treat tuberculosis
- Medicines to treat HIV and hepatitis C
- Medicines to treat fungal infections
- Medicines to treat arthritis or arthrosis
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure in your lungs' blood vessels
- Any herbal remedies containing St. John's Wort
- Any medicines containing ciclosporin
This list may not be exhaustive; always read the patient information leaflet thoroughly before you start to take this medicine. If you have any questions or concerns about Dianette, we strongly advise you to discuss them with your doctor.
You should never order medication online unless it is from a UK registered online pharmacy, like Medicine Direct. We are registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council, meaning we guarantee nothing but genuine medication. Order online before 2pm and we can offer you next day delivery on your medicine.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Do not take Dianette if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant.
Similarly, you should not use Dianette if you are currently breastfeeding.
Dianette contains ethinylestradiol and cyproterone acetate as active ingredients.
Inactive ingredients also contained are: lactose, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate (E572), sucrose, macrogol 6000, calcium carbonate (E170), titanium dioxide (E171), glycerol (E422), glycol montanate, yellow ferric oxide pigment (E172).
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.