Gedarel 30/150 Contraceptive Pill
- Combined contraceptive pill
- Higher dose of the lower dose alternative Gedarel 20/150 pill
- 99% effective when taken correctly (21 days with 7 day break)
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
347 customer reviews
What is Gedarel 30/150?
Gedarel is a combined oral contraceptive pill taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Gedarel 30/150 tablets are only available to buy on prescription.
When taken correctly, Gedarel 30/150 tablets are one of the most reliable reversible methods of contraception.
You can buy Gedarel 30/150 tablets online from Medicine Direct after a simple online consultation with one of our registered health professionals. They will assess your answers and issue a prescription for this combined pill if they deem it safe for you to take.
You can then order Gedarel from our online pharmacy; place your order by 2pm and we can offer you next day delivery.
How does Gedarel work?
Gedarel is what is known as a monophasic combined pill, which means that each pill contains the same amount of the active ingredients. Gedarel tablets contain a lower dose in comparison to the majority of other contraceptive pills alternatives, so if you are prone to suffering from side effects, this pill may be the most suitable for you.
Gedarel 30/150 contains two active ingredients, ethinylestradoil and desogestrel, which work to prevent ovulation from happening during the menstrual cycle.
How effective is Gedarel?
Gedarel 30/150 tablets are one of the most reliable reversible forms of contraceptive. When taken correctly, this contraceptive pill is 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
Please bear in mind that this contraceptive pill will not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). You will need to use a condom for this protection.
Is Gedarel 30/150 good for acne?
Birth control pills have been tested as an acne treatment and have been shown to improve this skin condition, reducing both inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne.
However, you should not take Gedarel as an acne treatment unless a doctor has specifically prescribed it for this problem.
Who can take Gedarel 30/150 tablets?
Gedarel 30/150 is one of the most reliable reversible forms of combined oral contraceptive, but it is not suitable for everyone to use.
Do not take Gedarel 30/150 if you have any of the following conditions:
- You have ever had a heart attack or a stroke
- You have ever had a blood clot in a blood vessel in your legs, lungs or any other organ in your body
- You are aware that you have a disorder that affects your blood clotting
- You need to have an operation or are off your feet for long periods of time
- You have or have ever had angina pectoris or a transient ischaemic attack
- You have any diseases that may increase the risk of a clot in the arteries (please see a list of conditions below)
- You have or have ever had a migraine with aura
- You are allergic to ethinylestradoil, desogestrel or any of the other ingredients contained in this medication (please refer to the Ingredients tab for full details)
- You are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
- You have or have ever had a tumour in the liver
- You have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- You have or have ever had inflammation of the pancreas
- You have endometrial hyperplasia
- You have or have ever had a liver disease and your liver function has not returned to normal
- You have, have had or are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
The following diseases can increase your risk of a clot in the arteries:
- Very high blood pressure
- Severe diabetes with blood vessel damage
- A very high level of fat in the blood
Inform your doctor before taking Gedarel 30/150 if you have any of these conditions:
- You have mood swings or depression
- You have diabetes
- You have ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- A close relative has or has ever had breast cancer
- You have varicose veins
- You need to have an operation or are off your feet for long periods
- You have sickle cell anaemia
- You have haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS)
- You have just given birth
- You have a disease of the gallbladder or liver
- You have hereditary angioedema
- You have or have ever had chloasma
- You have epilepsy
- You have any disease that first appeared during pregnancy or earlier use of sex hormones
- You have elevated levels of fat in the blood
- You have inflammation of the veins under the skin
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Do not take Gedarel 30/150 if you are pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while taking Gedarel 30/150 tablets, stop taking them and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
You should not take Gedarel 30/150 if you are breastfeeding. If you want to take the combined oral contraceptive pill while breastfeeding, please speak to your doctor first.
Make sure you inform your doctor if:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You think you might be pregnant
Possible side effects
Like all medication, Gedarel 30/150 pills come with the risk of certain side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The most common side effects of the pill is irregular bleeding.
Common side effects of this combined pill include:
- Mood swings
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Tender or painful breasts
- Abdominal pain
- Weight gain
- Painful menstruation or no menstruation at all
Uncommon side effects include:
- Breast enlargement
- Impaired hearing
- Decreased interest in sex
- Fluid retention
- High blood pressure
- Nettle rash
Please speak to your doctor if any of these reactions bother you or do not go away.
Please note, this list is not exhaustive. For information on rarer and more serious reactions of the pill, please refer to the Side Effects tab on this page.
How do you take Gedarel 30/150?
To effectively prevent pregnancy, it is important to always take the contraceptive pill exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Read the patient information leaflet thoroughly and ask your doctor or pharmacist for guidance if you are still not sure.
It is advisable to start taking Gedarel 30/150 during the first five days of your menstrual cycle. Starting your course during the first five days of the menstrual cycle will mean that you are protected against pregnancy straight away.
Each pack of Gedarel 30/150 contains 21 pills. Take one pill around the same time every day for 21 days.
When you have finished the 21 pills, you will have a seven-day break where you do not take any pills. During this time, you will have a normal bleed.
When the seven days have passed, begin taking the next pack of Gedarel 30/150 pills.
What if I forget to take it?
If you accidentally miss one dose, take the missed pill as soon as you remember, even if this means taking two pills on the same day. Missing one day should not affect your contraceptive protection and you should still be protected from pregnancy.
If you have missed more than one day you should use an extra form of contraception, such as a condom, for the next seven days.
When should I start taking Gedarel?
Is Gedarel available for next day delivery?
Is it safe to buy Gedarel online?
How do I buy Gedarel online?
What does the price include?
What are the advantages of buying Gedarel online?
Rare side effects of this combined pill include:
- Eye irritation due to contact lenses
- Skin disorders
- Vaginal discharge
- Breast discharge
- Hypersensitivity or infection
- Weight loss
- Harmful blood clots in a vein, such as in a lung, a leg, a stroke, heart attack, mini-stroke or temporary stroke-like symptoms, blood clots in the liver, stomach, kidneys, eye or small intestine
Does Gedarel cause weight gain?
A common side effect of taking the combined pill is weight gain, although this will not affect everyone who takes it.
Serious allergic reaction
In rare instances, it is possible that you may suffer a serious allergic reaction to Gedarel 30/150.
You must either call 999 or go to A&E straight away if you have any of the following symptoms:
- You have tightness in your chest or throat
- You are wheezing
- You are finding it difficult to breathe or speak
- You have swelling in your throat, face, tongue, lips or mouth
- You get a skin rash that may have red, itchy, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
You may be having a serious allergic reaction to the contraceptive pill and require immediate treatment in hospital.
Always read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive details on side effects. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please speak to your doctor.
Before you start using the contraceptive pill, it is important to inform your doctor if you are already taking any other form of medication. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medicine, vitamins, supplements and herbal remedies.
In particular, tell your doctor before taking Gedarel if you are currently taking any of the following:
- You have hepatitis C and are taking any medicines containing ombitasvir, paritaprevir, dasabuvir or ritonavir
- Medicines for epilepsy
- Medicines for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV
- Medicines for fungal infections
- The herbal remedy St. John's wort
- Medicines for increased blood pressure in the lung vasculature
Gedarel 30/150 may also increase the efficiency of other medicines, including:
The contraceptive pill can increase your risk of health conditions like breast cancer and blood clots. Talk to your doctor about the risks associated with taking the pill if you believe you are at a higher risk of this problem.
You are at a higher risk of blood clots if:
- You smoke
- You are obese
- You do not take regular exercise
- You have recently given birth
- You have a family history of blood clots
- You have had a miscarriage
It is important to bear in mind that a contraceptive pill like Gedarel 30/150 will not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). You will still need to use a condom for this kind of protection.
Driving and operating machines
This contraceptive pill should not impair your ability to drive or operate machines. However, if you suffer any side effects that affect your judgement or vision, you are advised to not drive, cycle or operate machinery until you feel better. If these symptoms persist, you should seek medical attention.
Always read the patient information leaflet for full details on warnings and drug interactions. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak to your doctor
Gedarel 30/150 contains two active ingredients: ethinylestradoil and desogestrel.
Each pill also contains the following ingredients: Potato starch, stearic acid, all-rac-alpha-tocopherol,, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, silica colloidal anhydrous and povidone K-30.
The table coating contains quinolone yellow (E104), hypromellose, macrogol 6000 and propylene glycol.
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.