Gedarel 30/150 Contraceptive Pill
Buy Gedarel 30/150 combined contraceptive pill online
order before 2pm
and team of dispensers
What is Gedarel 30/150?
Gedarel is a combined oral contraceptive pill taken by women to prevent pregnancy.
Gedarel is what is known as a monophasic combined pill, which means that each pill contains the same amount of the active ingredients. Gedarel tablets contain a lower dose in comparison to the majority of other contraceptive pills, so if you are prone to suffering from side effects this pill may be the most suitable for you.
Gedarel 30/150 tablets are one of the most reliable reversible forms of contraceptive. When taken correctly, this contraceptive pill is 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
It is also available to buy in a lower dose, medicine direct stock Gedarel 20/150 contraceptive pill.
How does Gedarel work?
Gedarel 30/150 contains two active ingredients, ethinylestradiol and desogestrel, and works in three ways to prevent pregnancy:
- It prevents ovulation.
- It thickens the mucus in the cervix, which makes it more difficult for sperm to reach the womb.
- It makes the lining of the womb thinner, which reduces the chance that a fertilised egg can attach itself to the womb wall.
The contraceptive pill will not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). You will need to use a condom for this protection.
Who can take Gedarel 30/150 tablets?
Gedarel 30/150 is not suitable for everyone to use.
Do not take Gedarel if:
- You have ever had a heart attack or a stroke
- You have ever had a blood clot in a blood vessel in your legs, lungs or any other organ in your body
- You are aware that you have a disorder that affects your blood clotting
- You need to have an operation or are off your feet for long periods of time
- You have or have ever had angina pectoris or a transient ischaemic attack
- You have any diseases that may increase the risk of a clot in the arteries
- You have or have ever had a migraine with aura
- You are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
- You have ever had a tumour in the liver
- You have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- You have ever had inflammation of the pancreas
- You have endometrial hyperplasia
- You have ever had a liver disease and your liver function has not returned to normal
- You have had or are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
This list is not exhaustive. Read the patient information leaflet for comprehensive details on who this medicine may not be suitable for.
Buy Gedarel online in the UK
You must have a prescription to be able to buy Gedarel, so it is not available for purchase over the counter. You will need to speak to a doctor.
You can buy Gedarel 30/150 tablets online from Medicine Direct after a simple online consultation with one of our registered health professionals.
If you find that this contraception is not suitable for you, there are many alternatives you could try instead. Talk to your doctor before switching from one contraception to another.
Popular brands of combined oral contraceptive pills for sale at Medicine Direct include:
On the other hand, you could also speak to your doctor about trying a progestogen-only pill (POP), such as:
There are also forms of effective contraception that do not require you to take any pills, including:
- Contraceptive injection
- Contraceptive implant
- Contraceptive patch
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
For more information on different types of contraception that may be suitable for you, we recommend visiting the Contraception Choices website.
How to take Gedarel 30/150
To effectively prevent pregnancy, it is important to always take the contraceptive pill exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Read the patient information leaflet thoroughly and ask your doctor or pharmacist for guidance if you are still not sure.
- Take one tablet at around the same time each day for 21 days.
- After 21 days, do not take any tablets for 7 days. During this 7 day break you will have a regular withdrawal bleed. If you have taken the tablets correctly, you will still be protected against pregnancy during this break.
- Once your 7 day break is over, start taking the tablets again straight away.
Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
Read the patient information leaflet for complete instructions on how to take Gedarel.
Rare side effects of this combined pill include:
- Eye irritation due to contact lenses
- Skin disorders
- Vaginal discharge
- Breast discharge
- Hypersensitivity or infection
- Weight loss
- Harmful blood clots in a vein, such as in a lung, a leg, a stroke, heart attack, mini-stroke or temporary stroke-like symptoms, blood clots in the liver, stomach, kidneys, eye or small intestine
Does Gedarel cause weight gain?
A common side effect of taking the combined pill is weight gain, although this will not affect everyone who takes it.
Before you start using the contraceptive pill, it is important to inform your doctor if you are already taking any other form of medication. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medicine, vitamins, supplements and herbal remedies.
For more information on medicines that interact with Gedarel.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Do not take Gedarel 30/150 if you are pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while taking Gedarel 30/150 tablets, stop taking them and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
You should not take Gedarel 30/150 if you are breastfeeding. If you want to take the combined oral contraceptive pill while breastfeeding, please speak to your doctor first.
Make sure you inform your doctor if:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You think you might be pregnant
For more information on taking Gedarel during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Gedarel 30/150 contains two active ingredients: ethinylestradoil and desogestrel.
Each pill also contains the following ingredients: Potato starch, stearic acid, all-rac-alpha-tocopherol,, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, silica colloidal anhydrous and povidone K-30.
The table coating contains quinolone yellow (E104), hypromellose, macrogol 6000 and propylene glycol.
Gedarel 30/150 pill price
|Gedarel 30/150 pill||3 Months||£15.99|
|Gedarel 30/150 pill||6 Months||£19.99|
How it works - get your medicine in 3 simple steps
- 1 Choose your treatment Select the treatment or medication you need and answer a few questions online regarding your condition.
- 2 Online consultation Our Independent Prescribers will review your questions and assess your suitability for the medication.
- 3 Receive your delivery Your medication is dispensed and delivered directly to you from our UK based Pharmacy.